Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blackberry-Banana Smoothie


I love smoothies. When I read Walk Two Moons and Sal talked about the blackberries her mother ate, it reminded me of smoothies and summer. So, I have decided to create a Blackberry-Banana Smoothie. Here it is:




1 Cup frozen blackberries

1 frozen banana

1 cup vanilla yogurt

½ cup fruit juice

2 tbls ground flax seed



Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth! Drink!




I like to get fresh fruit when it is in season and freeze it myself. It is cheaper to do that than to buy pre-frozen bags of fruit and very easy! I like to use it frozen because then it makes the smoothies nice and cool on a hot day and you don’t have to add ice or anything like that to the mix! Flax seed is also just darn good for you!



After reading this amazing book and making this amazing smoothie, I actually feel like this was someone I knew. The way Sal describes everything in her life is as if I am remembering it too. It was truly and inspriring book about friendship, relationships and life.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you had to say about the book. It was inspiring, emotional, and I really did relate to Sal and felt for her. I also just had to comment on your post because I made these smoothies for myself and my family, and they were so delicious!! Thanks for the recipe :)Now every time I eat blackberries, I'll think of this story!

    ReplyDelete