Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ramona and Her Father

  I could certainly see Romona and Her Father turned into a movie. I’m sure it would even make a great television series since I know there are many books about Ramona. It should be shot in a sepia tone, because it is based in the 70’s I think. I could really see the scenes where she is making the crown out of burs and when she and her father are drawing on the large piece of paper on the floor. I could see it being a nice spring day and it being a little bit dingy inside their home because her father smoked.
 I am not clear from the book where the setting is, but in my television version, I would have it set in the south. I think it would be fairly easy to set it all up, she is mostly at home, school and just playing outside, so it would be all settings that are already there!
 As for eliminating any characters, I do not think that would be necessary, there are few in the book already. It would mostly focus on Romona, her father, her mother and her sister. There would be a few scenes with friends and the teacher, but I do not think there would be a need to eliminate anybody, which would be nice.
 I am actually quite curious as to why this never did get made into a series. The way it is written, you can just envision it right away what it would look like, it is so descriptive you wouldn’t even have to think about it. I also think that the subject matter is really relevant right now in many people’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment