Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Book of Three


  While reading The Book of Three I couldn’t help but constantly be reminded of The Lord of The Rings. There were so many similarities it was almost a little unsettling. I did, however, quite enjoyed it because of that fact. I thought the story was exciting and well delivered. I do wish there was more description of that the actual Book of Three was, they just talk about it when Taran is meeting people that are in it such as Medwyn and Gwydion or when Dallban is reading or writing in it.
   I was very fascinated with the tunnels underneath the Spiral Castle. I liked how they just came up, Taran was sitting on the wrong stone all the time. This seemed to be the only original thought in this book that was not so similar to The Lord of the Rings. Seriously, as I read the book, I kept saying, “what’s next, a glowing sword?”, then low and behold, a GLOWING SWORD! I really started to get irritated, but I did enjoy reading the story, ebcuase I really liked the ones it seems to be based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment